
I blame James Frey for jading me! I didn't believe that this memior about a woman (under an assumed name- Kate Brennan) stalked by a man with "limitless financial resources" was true. There were too many unbelievable things that went on: one example- he had a computer hacker friend who constantly would hack into the phone lines and shut off this woman's service. But I did read an article in the NYT that said the author provided them with documentation for many of the incidences reported in the book. Still I find a lot of it difficult to believe. It was a fairly interesting read and went quickly, but I still don't buy it all!
"This visceral memoir not only lays bare the mind of a stalker, but also shows how a smart, successful woman can fall prey to a warped and powerful man who has the money and connections to keep her under his watchful eye. Both frightening and insightful, In His Sights is a gripping tale of one woman's descent into the dark side of love and how she has fought—and still struggles—to free herself. " Product Description
No comments:
Post a Comment